1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You can choose to browse the Website without disclosing your personal data. You are not required to provide personal data as a condition of using the Website , except as may be necessary for us to be able to provide the products and services which you purchase or access through our Website, respond to your requests, or in cases where you contact us directly.
When you use our Services, we collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to loosely identify you when combined with other data.
1.1 Information you willingly provide. When using our Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, contact information and payment information. This may occur, for example,
- when you carry out transactions with us on or in relation to the Website;
- when you register an account with us on the Website;
- when you contact our customer service or sales people by email, telephone, or in person, to resolve any issues that you may be facing or with inquiries or requests; and
- when you subscribe to the services that we are providing on the Website, or for our email notifications, and/or newsletters.
1.2 Cookies, Pixels, and other tracking mechanisms. We and our partners use various technologies to collect information automatically when you access and use our Services, including cookies, and other similar technologies. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be transferred to your computer or other electronic device to uniquely identify your browser. When you use the Services, we and our partners may place one or more cookies on your computer or other electronic devices or use other technologies that provide similar functionality.
- Some of our pages may also include pixels, which are electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity over time and across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or IP address. We may, for example, implement a pixel on specific Services where you view a certain listing so that we can track whether the listing is of relevance to you while offering recommendations. Through these pixels and cookies we collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- We also allow certain third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies when you use the Website. These third parties include (a) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on the Website, and (b) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties are non-personally identifiable information which is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on the Website, and across the Internet which are tailored to your interests
- Many of the third parties we allow to collect information on the Website are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of advertising targeting from member companies. Lastly, you can manage the type of cookies that are allowed through your browser settings, including completely blocking all cookies if you so wish. For information about how to manage cookies on your browser, please see the help section of the browser you are using.
1.3 Location Data. If you enable location services on your mobile device, My Home Beaver with your permission may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
2. PURPOSES OF USE
2.1 The personal data which you provide may be used and processed by us in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for the purpose of managing and operating the Website, the scope of which may include, but is not limited to the following:
- administering the Website;
- improving your browsing experience by personalising the Website;
- enabling your use of the services available on the Website;
- providing to you the products and services that you have specifically requested;
- responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Website;
- responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints regarding the use of the Website, or any product or service provided by us;
- sending you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- performing office and operational administrative matters; and
2.2 We will not, without your express consent, disclose your personal data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Consent for disclosure of personal data to third parties, for the purposes of receiving marketing communications, is given through our registration form, either online or on paper. You can withdraw your consent by contacting our customer service: https://www.myhomebeaver.com/contactus.
3.1 We will store all the personal data you provide on secure servers in an encrypted format.
3.2 You however understand that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
3.3 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will NEVER ask you for your password other than when you log in to the Website, as the case may be.
3.4 We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using our services on a shared or unsecured device.
4. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
4.1 The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and vendors. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Website, as the case may be.
6. CONTACT US
Should you require further information about the treatment of your personal data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com